Foothill Square Dental Center COVID Protocols
To limit the risks of COVID-19 spread in our community while meeting our patients' needs and resuming patient care, our office will be implementing the following procedures:
- You will be asked pre-screening COVID questions while making appointments and during appointments
- only patients with an appointment will be allowed into clinic. Persons with disabilities or minors maybe allowed one companion.
- Masks will be required to enter the office as per City of Milpitas regulations
- Due of to limited appointments and allow for 6-feet distancing, the office will be strictly enforcing a $50 no show fee or late cancellation within 24 hours of appointment. All appointments must be confirmed 48 hours prior electronically or by phone. If not confirmed, the appointment will be cancelled by the office.
- New Patient Forms can be accessed online at https://www.foothillsquaredental.com/new-patients and need to be completed along with insurance card at least 48 hours prior to appointment. If we do not get your dental insurance information prior to 48hours, we can not check your eligibility and benefits and you will be asked to pay in full and refunded when insurance payments come through OR reschedule your appointment with a $50 late cancellation fee. We ask that the forms be completed as thoroughly as possible.
- Once you arrive in the parking lot, please text the office to check-in and update changes in insurance, address, phone number, PCP, pharmacy, etc. If patient has Apple pay or credit card with chip, staff will collect the out-of-pocket cost when patient comes up. Otherwise, staff will do it over the phone with credit card number. Check and cash payments will still be accepted. We ask that patient wait in car until staff calls patient to come up.
- We will be checking patient’s temperature upon arrival with no-touch thermometer scanner. If your reading is 100 degrees or above, we will have to cancel appointment and refer patient to PCP.
- All staff will be required to their temperatures twice daily
For your added protection, our office has also implemented the use of :
- a 3-stage HEPA H13 certified air purifier in each treatment room that utilizes a True HEPA Filter with Antimicrobial Treatment to safely remove 99.97% of airborne particles including allergens, viruses, germs, dust mites, mold spores & cigarette smoke. The carbon filter removes odors and captures large airborne particles.
- day end UV light disinfection. UV light provides rapid, effective inactivation of microorganisms through a physical process. The germicidal UV light kills up to 99.99% of most viruses, airborne bacteria and mold spores.
- disinfection of high traffic areas multiple times throughout the day, including door handles, pens, clipboards, front desk area etc.
- front desk barrier to help protect the spread of germs
- hand sanitizers are available in every room as well as the waiting area. Sinks with automated soap dispensers are also available at all sink stations.
We know that these measures can be a nuisance, but we also know they help our first responders and community at large. We are confident that, with such measures, we will continue to keep you safer as well. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation and wish everyone health and safety.